Getting an Account
1. To gain access to InfoView, please fill out the (PDF) InfoView Account Application form.
2. If you are purchasing a new license, please fill out a (PDF) Transfer of Expense for $650.
3. Then, send the form(s):
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Fax: 459-3811
- By Mail: [Mail Stop] P&B Data Management c/o Chancellors Office
See also: DWH Access Management Policy
- You. Always sign the privacy statement on page two!
- Your supervisor should always give his or her approval of your access.
- Any other signatures appropriate to the universe you are asking for.
See the authorizor matrix to help figure out who else should sign your form.
Don’t worry! We’ll contact the appropriate people if anything is missing.Back to Top
Check out the description of each universe and available reports to help you figure out what makes the most sense to your position.
You might also consider asking colleagues or people in a similar position what access they have needed.Back to Top
Read-only access allows the user to run (a.k.a. refresh) reports, including changing any prompt-values.
Report writers have the ability to change the report itself, for example by adding columns to a query, changing query limits and changing which fields cause a prompt to pop up. Note: Report writers need a license associated with their account.
This security is universe-specific, meaning that a single person can have read-only access in one universe and writing access in another. It’s all about what is appropriate for you.
- More about Universe Access Levels
Read-only users do not need a license. All report writers must have a license: one per person.
Many units on campus have a set of licenses available that they can assign to whomever needs report writing access.
If you aren’t sure if your unit has licenses, contact your unit business manager. If needed, we can provide a list of licenses and assignations to unit business managers. If you are a unit business manager, please feel free to ask us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Org code (or codes) that you would like to check.
If you know you will need to buy a license, fill out a (PDF) Transfer of Expense and send it with your application.Back to Top
Shared folders are managed decentrally. If you’re not sure, ask your colleagues or someone in a similar position to you what access makes the most sense for your position.Back to Top
It depends. Here are some general rules:
- Processing will take longer if you are missing appropriate signatures
- Read-only access is faster to grant than report-writing access
- Applications for PPS, Student, GSS, AIS and sometimes Advancement access take longer to process because they have extra steps
- If the universe requires FERPA training, sending your certificate with your application speeds up the process (our FERPA page has instructions)
- AIS holds the record for longest wait between application submitted and access granted
Welcome! Check out our First Steps page in the Help & Training section.Back to Top
Please contact our hotline at 9-5083 or send us an email—we’d be glad to help you!Back to Top