Policy and Steering
Data Management is committed to providing the best possible service to the university. This task includes balancing diverse university needs, which begins within our own team. Data Management includes both ITS and Planning and Budget employees who help us build a bridge between the technical and the content facets of our information tools.
We also have an excellent Steering Committee with representatives from all over the university who share in the decision-making process.
- The Policy pages describe specific policies that govern our work
- The Steering pages describe Data Governance and how decisions are made
- ITS Policy pages have many relevant UCSC policies for working with technology
- ITS Security pages give more information about security and technology at UCSC
- Privacy of Student Records page from the Registrar's Office has more information about data privacy with student information and relevant legal parameters, e.g. FERPA